Focus Group IISS Majorana, Italy
I.I.S.S. “E. Majorana” – Brindisi
Date and venue: Brindisi 24 February 2022 – 3:30 PM – 6:00 PM
Name and role of participants:
|1.Marusca Destino||Technical Design Teacher|
|2.Antonella Di Maio||English Teacher|
|3.Antonia Galluccio||Maths Teacher|
|4.Rosmara Mansueto||Chemistry Teacher|
|5.Antonio Mazzotta||Chemistry Teacher|
|6.Rossana Perrone||English Teacher|
|7.Maria Pia Ragazzo||Coordinator|
|8.Santina Roselli||Maths Teacher|
|9.Maria Concetta Scalera||Italian Literature and History Teacher|
|10.Anna Stifanelli||Religion Teacher|
|11.Alessandro Zonno||Chemistry Teacher|
* All Project Staff members join the Focus Group *
Greetings and Staff Introduction
Project Video (Italian version captions)
IO2 – Syllabus Introduction – Output and Questionnaire data (teachers and school staff, parents, students)
Project Site Introduction
IO3 – Inventory Introduction
Inventory development guideline
Inventory Questionnaire accomplishment with final Individual Certification
Final Satisfaction Survey accomplishment
Individual Certificates of Attendance
Supporting material used
Project Site, link to identify the online participants via Google Modules, link to the Project website, link to accomplish the Inventory Questionnaire, Final Satisfaction Survey supplied by Google Modules link, screenshot, open debate, official documents, materials created by the staff members for individual Introduction. The abstract of the Project, as well as the pdf format of the Italian version of «Index for Inclusion» and the feedbacks and results of the Inventory were sent each participant on 21 February.
How useful do you think a tool is for self-assessment of inclusive competences?
It might be used as an opportunity to provide evidence of what we do and what we are. It might be used as a permanent and proper strategy. As a matter of fact, we realize about the wide range of strategies are driven from paramount motivations.
Do you think that all the inclusive competences are represented in the Inventory?
It drives to identify different perspectives. One is concerned with the family. We rarely realize about the student’s private background. They are just students for us, but each one of them deserves an adjustment in our educational practice.
The Inventory has encouraged my curiosity. The partitioning is effective and I am willing to use it for self-evaluation. Self-evaluation is an ordinary task abroad, whereas in Italy is not. It might be an opportunity to provide evidence of what we do and what we are.
It might be used as a permanent and proper strategy. As a matter of fact, we realize about the wide range of strategies are driven from paramount motivations.
What are the strengths of Inventory?
- Support to detailed competences development
- Engagement of the European Educational Institutions
- The Inventory allows each and every teacher to wonder about the effectiveness of individual strategies in the inclusion processes
- Providing a proper speculation upon the inclusive practice
- An available tool for self-evaluation. The I. is easy to manage due to the partitioning in areas, micro-areas, etc. of the single implied actions
- Inclusive approach in the educational process
- It can arouse the interest of weaker students as well
What are the weaknesses?
- This kind of Projects needs to live a significant widespread. They can’t be just addressed to few people.
- No weaknesses have been identified (3 replies)
- I can’t say (2 replies)
- There are conditions no one is familiar with
- It should be managed and addressed to a range of users in order to verify possible weak points
- The questions are not neutral
- Students need a consistent support
How would you use the Inventory and how would you value it?
- I would use the I. as a tool meant to monitor the effectiveness of the educational processes focused on inclusion
- I would use the I. to implement my colleagues’ competences and mine
- I claim I would use the I. with students from disadvantaged backgrounds so as to encourage inclusion
- I will steadily use it in my job in order to enhance my engagement in the educational inclusive process
- I will use the I. as a guide for self-evaluation. It is a resource likely to support the teacher in the ordinary educational practice
- I will use the I. in the educational practice (2 replies)
- I would provide the I. in my school
- I would use the I. as a self-evaluation tool
- I can’t say.
What would you change or improve?
- I wonder whether either focusing on intent or follow-up. They hardly ever go matching.
- I have felt unsettled by some of the questions, I mean, they have engaged my speculation as never happened before
- Nothing to change (2 replies)
- I can’t say now
- I have identified neither negative aspects nor any aspect to implement by now
- The whole job is exhaustive. Further languages might be included so as to allow a significant widespread
- Emphasis on motivation
- The answer might just spring from the I. employment
- Neutral questions
- Team work
- I should meditate upon the I. since I have not deeply familiarized with it
The Inventory is identified as an opportunity to provide evidence of what teachers do and what teachers are. It drives to identify different perspectives, one of which is concerned with the individual family context.
The Inventory is worthy being used as a permanent and proper strategy.
The Inventory is tailored according to comprehensiveness and summoned on detailed competences development. It fosters the engagement of the European Educational Institutions
The Inventory allows teachers to wonder about the effectiveness of individual strategies in the inclusion processes, providing a proper speculation upon the inclusive practice.
The Inventory might be used as a tool meant to monitor the effectiveness of the educational processes focused on inclusion; to implement teachers’ competences; to enhance the teacher’s engagement in the educational inclusive process. Thus, the Inventory is identified as a guiding resource for self-evaluation easy to manage due to the partitioning in areas, micro-areas, etc. of the single implied actions. Besides, it is a vehicle to support the teacher in the ordinary educational practice
The Inventory might be a strategic tool to manage with students from disadvantaged backgrounds so as to encourage inclusion
This kind of Projects needs a broader widespread. A consistent emphasis might be allowed to motivation.